Saturday, January 16, 2010

Super attack

Of my cluster headaches today. I had to take a trip to the emergency room (again) and of course all I can do is explain what's happening (which isn't easy! I smile, but it is the worst pain I've ever known, and I grow irritable about always having to explain) and hope they understand, not thinking I'm seeking drugs. Luckily, my doctor was able to call in and explain for me this time. Good stuff. Life goes on it seems. I want to add another section to this towards the bottom, after the introduction of the younger appearing one.

Ever After

Left with heart torn
so asunder it can't even
look upon you in sweet dreams.
For when in Heaven we met again;
our time expired; eternity:
a way to forget.
You chose to be Gray, aged away
when you knew your happiest days;
watching your children s children
by the fireside play.
And there stood I,
the young blind fool
wrapped in his earliest ways, still
the idealist, the carefree Dreamer.
The poet, writer, and sometimes swimmer.
As you smiled upon me in your never
sparing way, I knew you were leaving;
walking away.
For even in Heaven, Everyone's
Ever After doesn't seem to always
matter.

1 comment: