Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Frowny faces here

Sad day. What else is new? My doctor thinks I'm a drug addict, my mother is going senile, and I often think the word friend is synonymous with the phrase "it's okay to hurt me, i'll forgive you." Too emo? In happier news, James Joyce class is going well. I simply love the mountain of riddles that is Ulysses and just really get a kick out of researching obscure references. It's like finding Waldo! ...I'm so lame.

Phoenix

Defeated.
She removes her armor,
looms over the fallen knight
and offers a hand,
the other still clutching the blade
that lay nestled in his chest.
Indomitable.
He clasps her hand lightly
and rises to his feet.
Wrenching her steel kiss free,
as she says with a smile:
I love you!
I love you!
Can't you see why?

No comments:

Post a Comment