Saturday, June 13, 2009

Just curious

The Stupidity

What the fuck?
What started it all?
Who first said that's mine,
not with words, but fists?
Had they no idea?
No idea of the blight they would bring?
No no I suspect they could not.
And why?
Why was that not enough?
Instruments that make no music,
but cause terror and sorrow
For a reason, that I need your help to answer:
Who thought it was a good idea?
To get in lines, and kill one another?
I think it must have been a gift from above,
for no mind born to a human could ever dream
so unpretty
Would you believe, it's still a problem?
It's been forever and an age.
We can't stop, and to you future reader
I share with you my fear:
That someone shall say, "Oh, I don't like the way you've dressed today"
And we'll push the big red button,
Burning our too short page.

2 comments:

  1. Nicely written, but I don't like the way you've dressed today... *goes for knife*


    :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerful words. A relatable syntax that drives the reader knee-deep into their own mind. However, I wonder what voice you offer. Surely you start in anger and disgust, but near the end I see tongue-biting acceptence. It is uneasy that volcanic anger spills over into searing coal only to burn out as well. Is it a helpless feeling that humbles the passion or a neglectful one? It speaks little to your writing, which is of a high caliber but rather reveals the perspective through which you see. Perspectives are unfortunatly subject to the highest degrees of mockery.

    ReplyDelete