Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Something different

I don't pretend to be any good at this style of poetry, but I made an attempt. Unfortunately, I don't think this one has any redeeming qualities. But what would you say to Death, given the chance? Don't cop out on me and say you could never understand a cosmic presence blah blah. Talk to it. Also, let me note that nothing is edited here because this is my drawing board. Final products are rarely posted, therefor I welcome ideas and changes if they are offered. Thanks for reading.

A chat with Death

I dreamed a little dream
strange and awkward though it seemed
I found my eyes grown heavy
not quite sleep. perhaps not ready
Death it felt embraced my face
left me helpless at gates of lace
the faceless beauty came to me then
offered me more than any could comprehend
away with me she did demand
tugged upon my arm, and beckoned to a land
born of the lost; dreams dreamed but soon forgot

once there she shed her veil
proclaiming the secrecy reserved for hell
are we not there now I dared questioned
snickered with a smirk, Death gave inclination
delivered from fate I bring you grace
and it seems all you do is stutter and pace
rambling on, here voice grave song to imply
my care I bring with gift and all you do is defy!

No great mistress, I now professed
sought you always my soul confessed
from moment of birth, I felt your hand
lightly gripping my failing strand
cords grew thin and others snapped
but for my own it wound, left me trapped
forced into a world lacking in joy
told to grow up, stop being a boy
struggle against hopelessness, pretend it unreal
create love, or fall victim to the lonely we feel

-- stop there she at once commanded
no more drivel, nor whining, time is at hand
look about you now, see where we are
this you should fear, but think me your star
and around me rose pillars veined and of ice
resting within were those like me; forsaken mice
nothing to live? Death now smirked for certain
Then join these here, they without vice nor virtue
They without care for life, nor Me, like you
they craved to be nothing, free of fate and all thats true
and so I, Death, loving mistress, did oblige
Dashed them from my list, and turned my ever watching eye
but without me to cradle their heads in worry
time stopped, their hearts dropped with no need to scurry
No need to run; they forgot how to walk
Regressed and fell; soon no need for talk
Now behold them here, they're crystalline tears
and faces of cold, emotions stolen of fears

--Now my turn to act so bold,
No, Madam! I began to yell, your fickle stories
scares me not. if you think this benevolence: i send sorry's
for you great being, watcher and taker
Do you not see? Life is your maker
It is we who give you purpose, we who give you name
how can you be so ignorant, to bring your masters shame?

Yeah, I don't know where it goes from there.
jsn

No comments:

Post a Comment