Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Just a flash of passion

Slightly inspired by Christopher Marlowe's "Passionate Shepherd to his Love"
He's one of my favorites.
Oh, you can even read the poem as every third line as a stand alone poem! I thought it was neat, but I'm easily amused.

You trap me!
You grasp me!
-twine me in your lace

Pull me close!
Press me tight!
-to cover me: lips and face

You kiss me!
You bite me!
-where our bodies fall in place

You breathe me!
You feel me!
-with skin to skin; touching trace

Sink in words!
Down in moan!
-in our passionate state of grace

Think me there!
Kissing lips anew!
-so remember when i've been replaced

I trap you!
I grasp you!
-how you'll never forget my taste

ta da!
-jsn

2 comments:

  1. heh, I actually prefered the "third line" version of the poem. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Daniel. I like the third line version more. Yeah, about my blog. I try to write when I have the time. I'm swamped with my classes right now. I swear it feels like I have a test every three days. My rotations are killing me. I'll write when I can.

    ReplyDelete