Thursday, April 16, 2009

One of of my more whimsical works

A Faerie Parade

They say she came from a time mundane
to this world lost and far away
we believed her the first
not knowing more would come

a human, she said, when we questioned her kind
more important how had she arrived?
intrigued we crowd about
odd. different. what a funny look.

she laughed and she skipped
no time for this she did insist
and away she went so fast!
at a pace we could not follow

for a while the faeries did flit
tickling her nose with a sparkling shine
until even they full of grace fell behind

higher she climbed, far in the sky where
twas said she had tea with the moons
amongst a grand ball of the Seelie courts

a waltz with the stars and a chat with the suns
perhaps now, we saw
how she had but just begun

how long she stayed
we never could say.
but oh, how could we forget her very first day?

she soared across the crystal plains
and stopped for a nap atop the frozen seas
with a dive she fell behind mountain of spine

and some whisper still
that with a flick of her toes
peace was found in the dark below

her bravery untold
in time, we offered a throne
she laughed once more as she had
in times long before

with a curtsy and a smile
she bowed her head--
and offered decline

can you not see she asked?
my skin has aged; my hair gone gray!
You silly little fey
I soon reach the end of my day

Adventures I had once grand
I fear I've but gone bland
now naps and lazy days
are where i find my dreams lay

we learned great sorrow
as she gave her words
soon she would leave us
not to return

oh weep not! she scolded
there is no time for this sadness
soon a new dreamer will find you here
i know, i've seen him, he draws ever near!

change creeps near my great,
my wonderful, my friends
lie with me now, once more she now asked
as i sleep and relive beautiful days gone past.

-jsn

1 comment:

  1. Poor little fae, they'd best hope the next dreamer is as pleasant.

    ReplyDelete