Saturday, November 7, 2009

New day, and Ikeda

So this weekend is Aikido at UAB's even for Ikeda sensei. Very interesting Aikido Shihan, however he's on this kick for trying esoteric movements out and I've seen him at many previous seminars doing the same thing. I just wish he'd do a little more basic technique. =/ Daniel, you aren't up here at this thing are you? Anyway, poetry.

I'll wait for you near the sapphire-shored stream
where hazy mists linger
and failed hearts remember
the life of an ethereal dream

Would you come with me my faceless stranger
where somber waves crash
and regretful water crests
the pool of all lost loves

What if I told you such a fate was not for us
where feet dangle freely
and below they struggle
the sky our own safe perch

-till tired suns give way
to ruby braced nights
dances in star lights
-and the promise to forever stay

1 comment:

  1. This one was particularly breathtaking and beautiful. I'm so glad you're writing again. Gives me something to look forward to after the daily grind. Don't ever stop writing!

    ReplyDelete