Thursday, November 19, 2009

Procrastinating

Should be working on my research paper, draft due monday. Am I? Of course not. I also have some strange fascination with the sea lately. Who knows? Not me! Onward, I say.


Screaming Strands

Like a speck of sand at the
shore of a sunshowered beach
With beauty to behold and the
receding tides just beyond reach
Waste and empty though it may appear
below lies another world
it's scene not quite so clear
as we look from above through waivering waters
And I think most of us shall scream,
when we're grasped by its white wraps,
who wants to trade what they know,
just for the sake of traveling below?
My how the new specks watched unimpressed
till their turn comes and it's new necks
on the line
But by then I think I shall long be gone,
forgotten like last winters setting fall.
And I wonder how it would be,
If I jumped at the sea before it came for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment